As the technology advisory staff to the Central Disasters Prevention and Protection Commission, Executive Yuan, NCDR coordinates and collaborates with government sectors for planning, organizing and promoting technology innovation, providing a platform of information service and technology integration, and designing the policies of disaster prevention. In accordance with the Act for the Establishment of the NCDR, NCDR’s primary missions are:
- Promote and conduct activities related to applied research and development on disaster management.
- Facilitate scientific knowledge and technological advantages for practical implementations to benefit the whole society.
- Apply outputs of science and technology to disaster risk reduction and emergency preparedness.
- Build up international partnerships to exchange experiences and conduct joint projects.
- Collaborate with domestic research institutes to engage stakeholders’contributions for reducing disaster risk and enhancing emergency preparedness.
- Provide relevant services related to disaster management.